Monday, September 14, 2009

Curing Flu without Medication

Most of us have fought the flu - the sore throats, the phlegm, the discomfort, the sneezing and the coughs.
And we know it's not pretty. It comes unannounced and the after effects continue from a few days to weeks.
Many of us use cough syrups, antibiotics or other medicines that suppress the flu symptoms. The worst part is that it makes us feel drained out and weak.
Most of us have our own stories about the flu, like,
If I get flu, it takes at least two weeks for me to get ok.
I get congestion when I have flu.
If I drink something too cold, I get a sore throat, then I get cold and fever.
During the change of season, I usually get the flu because of the weather.
If I eat something too sour, my throat becomes sore and I get flu.
During the flu, I get too much phlegm and I have breathing problems.

There could be many different stories around flu and each of these stories determine our reaction to the flu and how much it affects our body.
I recently caught the flu after a long time. I got the usual dry throat followed by sore throat, fever, sneezing, weakness and phlegm. After the flu, I started analyzing my thoughts just before the flu. I had been thinking that I hadn't had flu in a long time and I was happy but a little fearful that I may get it as many people around me had.
When I got flu, I had the feeling of weakness and there was a little negativity about the state. During the next two days, I felt uncomfortable and weak but I didn't take medicines. I only took care of the food intake and used herbal remedies to help my body fight it (see the herbal remedy I used at the end of this post). After two days of fever and weakness, I decided that I am NOT sick. I realized that I didn't have flu but only my body did. And my body had it because probably its immune system was a little weak due to some negative thoughts.
After my decision, I was energetic, I was okay with the current situation and let my body go through the process but didn't let my mind feel the sickness. Many of you may not believe, but the next day I was almost completely healed. There was no fever, no throat discomfort and almost no phlegm.
What I realized was that my thoughts and feelings have a huge control over my body and its state of health. I could never have believed that my thinking induced sickness in my body but I could see it this time.
I have now taken a decision that I AM WELL.
You can try this too. Every time you feel sick, analyze the feelings and thoughts you had when you got sick and also the current thoughts. Modify those thoughts and feel healthy. Staying healthy is simply a choice. You either choose to stay in the negativity or choose to cure yourself out of anything.


Herbal remedy for flu, sore throat and cold:
1.5 tablespoons fennel seeds (saunf)
4-5 basil leaves - fresh or dry (tulsi)
7 whole peppercorn (kaali mirch sabut)
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or dry ginger powder (prefer fresh ginger)

Add the above ingredients to 2 cups of water and let it boil till the water becomes 1 cup. Sieve this mixture into a cup. Then add 3-4 teaspoons honey and squeeze fresh juice of half a lemon. Stir well and sip it.
This will taste like ginger honey lemon tea. 
Drink this upto 3-4 times in a day.
You may add black tea to the mixture if you want.

6 comments:

cK said...

The Herbal remedy is very tasty and helpful. Couple that with *Happy Thoughts* and the flu is gone!

Pravi said...

Also add some Glycyrrhiza glabra to the remedy...its juice is perfect for a sore throat.I say this after years of experience.

Tina said...

I think by "Glycyrrhiza glabra" you mean mulethi :)
I completely agree with you, it's excellent for this use. I will add it to the ingredients while boiling.

Yogesh Malik said...

good hack, i get cold 4 times a year, let me try out your recipe next time and then fire my doc.

Tina said...

Yogesh,

Focus on your thoughts before and during the flu and try to work on those. And coupling that with the herbal remedy will be very effective and will eliminate the need for any medicines.
I really hope this works for you!

Vishal Sagar said...

The ingredients that you have used inherently hot by nature. I usually prepare a decoction (making a concentrate by boiling the ingredients in water) of tulsi, jyeshthmadh (dry adrak), a little turmeric and add it to a glass of warm milk and have it before going to sleep.
Another good thing to do is to sleep early and sleep a lot during flu as it gives the body a fighting chance to recover naturally.